SailNet Community banner
  • SailNet is a forum community dedicated to Sailing enthusiasts. Come join the discussion about sailing, modifications, classifieds, troubleshooting, repairs, reviews, maintenance, and more!

Contest/Game - Identify this picture

638K views 5K replies 130 participants last post by  obelisk 
#1 ·
It has been a while since I've seen a thread like this - the rules are simple: attempt to identify the location of the last posted picture in the thread. Once the picture poster confirms the first correct responder that person then gets to add a (sailing-related) picture to the thread and the game continues.

Since I'm no good at this type of guesswork my only chance of getting a picture into the thread is by starting it off with the following picture:

(click on picture to expand)​

See less See more
#490 ·
I think Zanshin is being careful with his choice of words - he say it's not in the EU rather than saying not in Europe. I'm thinking either Scandinavia or one of the non EU counties around the Med, like Turkey or Croatia.

Zanshin, are you trying to mislead us?

#493 ·
So..cruiseship destination.. likely Scandinavia but what a jungle of islands and settlements to try to look through.. that's some cruising grounds - of only it stayed liquid...

#495 ·
The ship came up as AIDAblu, but she cruises all over Europe, and the med... wasn't much help.

#498 ·
I have always been interested in Junk Rigs and have recently been reading about the work on cambered panels done by Arne Kverneland and split rigs by Slieve McGalliard.

Arne Kverneland is from Stavanger Norway so, on a whim, I took a look.

Zanshin?

#503 ·
Geoff54 is next up for post.

DownEast ... you need to check the rules of the game. Its not just open slather, whoever identifies the posted pic first, gets to then post their own.

#504 ·

I was waiting for Zanshin to confirm but I'm pretty confident and, as he appears to be offline, I guess I'll "Keep Calm and Carry On".

Have a go at this Downeast. It's a very popular spot and I think we need something a bit easier after the last one. At least I think it's easier.

Looking for the location where the picture was taken from.

#506 · (Edited)
O.K. but it is much easier than somewhere in Brazil that no one else knows about :D

This is a popular spot in a popular and very well known group of islands. I took that picture but I have seen many taken from the same place by others.

Here is a different view.

#509 ·
Caribbean, yes.

The buildings are the small resort, which is named after the island. This used to be one of the quieter bays where you tended to avoid most of the party crowd but the resort is expanding and the two buildings in the lower right are new, so I fear for the future. This a small island with only a handful of private houses + the resort. The islands are close together; in the second picture you can see four islands.

Not the Keys or Bahamas.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.