SailNet Community - View Single Post - HMS Bounty in trouble...
View Single Post
Old 11-19-2012

PCP will become famous soon enough
Re: HMS Bounty in trouble...

Quote:
Originally Posted by chef2sail View Post
I wasnt talking about a whole crew of professionals here. Some of the opinions expressed here were that you had a bunch of syncophants or cult ( tall ship groupies) sailing this ship. Not sure I completely agree with that characterization, but knowing that the Captain is the only professional aboard the ship, a ship which characteristics are not necessarily like other sailing ships doesnt seem like a great idea and may be something which needs to be addressed....
Nobody on this forum used the word "syncophants" in what regards qualifying the crew. That word was used on the gCaptain forum by Fragrat ((chief…I have sailed just about everything) and PMC (1600 master), the one you quoted here as having a different opinion on gCaptain forum, agreed with the qualification. More five users "liked" that post on that forum.

quote:

Originally Posted by Fraqrat
"In the TSC it appears that each vessel master has his on cult of personality and his fair share of sycophants for crew."
PMC: "Thank you for your timely illustration of my point"

The Bounty fiasco and an undeserved black eye

I used the phrase " cult of personality" as a possible explanation of why sailors, that apparently had some experience, followed the Captain in what was obviously a very risky and dangerous voyage without even making some questions or expressing some doubts.

Regards

Paulo

Last edited by PCP; 11-19-2012 at 11:26 AM.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook