SailNet Community - View Single Post - HMS Bounty in trouble...
View Single Post
Old 11-19-2012

casey1999 is on a distinguished road
Re: HMS Bounty in trouble...

Quote:
Originally Posted by chef2sail View Post
Here is the real question....I have a feeling I know what most of your answers are but I will ask......

Had you been a signed up member of the crew, with your present state of experience and knowledge....would you have stepped foot on the Bounty and left the dock with Captain Walbridge that evening? If not what would you have done? Would you step off and walk away quietly? Would you confront the Captain and tell him your misgivings and not sail, would you tell the others they should not go? Would you call the home office and tell of thier misgivings? Would you call the CG and let them know the Captain likes to chase Hurricanes and was hell bent on chasing Sandy?

What would you really DO?

Dave
Here's what I would do. Talk with the Capt in private and tell him I think it is a bad idea to sail when a hurricane is lurking in our path. Try to talk him out of going. If he still wanted to sail, I would probably call the main office, talk with the head hancho and try to talk them out of sailing the ship.

If the Office and the Capt still wanted to sail, I would privately warn each crew individually of my concerns especially if they were not experienced with the sea, to give them the option to step off the ship. In the end, if the ship sailed, I would probably go. I am a pretty good swimmer and think I could survive a sinking, and may be able to help others survive and be some benefit to the ship, so I probably would go.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook