SailNet Community - View Single Post - Relocating to SoCal to liveaboard - have a catch 22...
View Single Post
Old 11-19-2012
Crotchety Old Member

tomperanteau is on a distinguished road
Re: Relocating to SoCal to liveaboard - have a catch 22...

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikel1 View Post
Speaking of Wilmington . . . San Pedro ...look up a marina called Newmarks . . . not 4 stars but more of a "liberal" attitude . . .
Mike,

You know of Newmark's? That's where we have our slip, and I agree that they tend to tolerate more than others might. We've been there for over a year now, and we really enjoy the rustic atmosphere. If I were a betting man, I would bet that there are at least a few down there that keep a low profile because they might stay a bit more than the three days a week they are allotted. I'll never tell. What I can tell, is that we have not met anyone that is not really nice. Most everyone watches out for you and your boat. If you're working on something, someone will always stop by for a chat and to offer help/advice.

This is our third marina. We started at Dana Point and liked it there, but when they did not have a slip for our latest boat, we had to look elsewhere. We're glad we did and would not go back to marinas where the people frown on a sailor working on his own boat.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

S/V Footprints

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Youtube

1969 Crealock/Columbia 36 Sloop completely refitted in 2000 and new Yanmar in 2006.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook