SailNet Community - View Single Post - My Escape Plan - Insights Wanted
View Single Post
Old 11-19-2012
Crotchety Old Member

tomperanteau is on a distinguished road
Re: My Escape Plan - Insights Wanted

Eric, great ideas and great attitude. It's really none of my business why you want to head out, so I won't really respond to that. Your investments are also yours, so I'm sure you know what you're doing there. You're a grown man and know what you want to do.

Sounds like you have a great plan! I've known several that have sailed out in the past few years with close to nothing, and they're sailing just fine. They took their skills with them and they barter/work along the way. They are having a great life. With that, I suspect that you will do just fine as long as the dollar holds its value and the government has not absconded with our retirement accounts.

Good luck to you and keep us all posted. If I'm still in southern California, give us a shout when you sail by.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

S/V Footprints

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Youtube

1969 Crealock/Columbia 36 Sloop completely refitted in 2000 and new Yanmar in 2006.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook