SailNet Community - View Single Post - Petit Bois/Dauphin Island Pass and Perdido Pass
View Single Post
Old 11-19-2012

Johnnycatt is on a distinguished road
Re: Petit Bois/Dauphin Island Pass and Perdido Pass

*** SailingStNick, I sail out of Gulfport usually, but live and trailer my boat in Hattiesburg, so leaving from Pascagoula is NOT out of the question - we have done it once before for a trip to Horn Island. As far as "crew," my 12-year old daughter will be handling those duties on this trip! (which menas no wife/mom, so it's all fun and games!)

*** Sailboatcatnip, I will be mooring on the north side of Perdido Key just across the highway from "The Crab Trap" restaurant. It looks to me like the east side of Perdido Pass is the dangerous side (from charts and google maps Satellite view). It looks like you said: I need to hug the West side of the pass and go under the center of the bridge.

I plan on sailing to Perdido, but trailering home! I can take all 5 days to get to Perdido, but I absolutely MUST be back in Hattiesburg Sunday afternoon.

I'm hoping NONE of the wells will be a problem since I don't plan on being more than 2 miles offshore.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook