SailNet Community - View Single Post - Building bulkhead mounted table
View Single Post
Old 11-19-2012
Just another Moderator

Faster has a spectacular aura about Faster has a spectacular aura about Faster has a spectacular aura about
Re: Building bulkhead mounted table

Quote:
Originally Posted by barefoot View Post
Thank you Faster.
My table is in exactly the same position. The heater is a solid fuel burning stove i would have to lose.( I would have to replace it of coarse )..Ontario can breed some cool weather from time to time. The existing table measures 40 inches more or less and there is just enough room to mount the same dimension to clear the cabin top.
Oh and thank you for mentioning the stability, I will build a prototype prior to installation to ensure it's not going to be a disappointment
Don't forget that that 40" is now going to start at the bulkhead rather than the existing location, and you'll lose the area taken up by the mast. If it's just the two of you most of the time that's probably not going to be an issue.. it may be if/when feeding a small crowd.

Also it's going to take a fancy hinge, I reckon, to get a full 40" long table to fold out at a comfortable sitting height.. do you really have 40" to the overhead from the existing table's plane?

1984 Fast/Nicholson 345 "FastForward"

".. there is much you could do at sea with common sense.. and very little you could do without it.."
Capt G E Ericson (from "The Cruel Sea" by Nicholas Monsarrat)
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook