SailNet Community - View Single Post - $158 ebay sailboat heads to sea
View Single Post
Old 11-20-2012

xymotic is on a distinguished road
Re: $158 ebay sailboat heads to sea

Quote:
Originally Posted by miatapaul View Post
Well it likely started of at a $1 and a bunch of people put in bids of up to 150 or so. But yea, not a lot of bids could have been put in till you get to 158.

I liked how he thought he could just sail a boat he paid 158 for form Connecticut to Florida, with just a few bologna sandwiches and not even have to do a few repairs. His wife should just stay in the Philippines.
What kills me is that there's someone for everyone, except me I guess In my imagination it's a 26 year old smokin hot 5' tall tiny Philippina too.

I will say that when I bought my boat, a 71 year old stripped out project. I motored it from Olympia to Seattle with like zero prep.

For example, I thought about checking the fuel level, but then just decided it was too much trouble. So I had no clue how much diesel I had.

BUT...

two days prior I upped my boat US to 'unlimited' '
I took a 5 gallon jug of diesel with me just in case.
Had foulies, GPS with charts on it cell phone with GPS and charts on it and a Handheld VHF
Had all of the legal requirements, PFDs flares etc. and an air horn for the bridges in seattle.

And.

It's frikken south puget sound in the middle of summer and I actually do have some experience on boats. I also cast off shortly after Dawn so I would have some daylight 'just in case'

I thought I was pretty reckless but jeeze.

Last edited by xymotic; 11-20-2012 at 06:46 PM.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook