SailNet Community - View Single Post - Plants on your boat
View Single Post
Old 11-20-2012
Best Looking MALE Mod

Cruisingdad is a jewel in the rough Cruisingdad is a jewel in the rough Cruisingdad is a jewel in the rough
Re: Plants on your boat

Quote:
Originally Posted by tdw View Post
Someone should tell that to the Wombet's bugs. Man oh man, she gets a quite spectacular crop of wee green caterpillers who just lurve her basil.
Never had them my friend, but I think there are other bugs that like basil too. I think some weevils may even not care. We saw a drop it fruit flies around our stuff a d we got ants in every flowering pot but basil. Maybe just luck?

Another plant is merrigolds which is supposed to keep critters and bugs out. Always wondered about that too. My I laws and many others who plant large gardens in the country circle them with merrigolds. Old farmers trick I guess???

We have never had a problem with basil or rosemary. Love both fresh too!

Brian

1987 Tayana Vancouver 42, Credendo Vides, (Mom and Pops boat, F/T Mobile Live Aboards in Puget Sound)

My Website:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Follow My Blog at:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Follow me on Facebook:

Reply With Quote Share with Facebook