SailNet Community - View Single Post - Hello from Jupiter
View Single Post
Old 11-20-2012

readerbill is on a distinguished road
Hello from Jupiter

Hi all, I just want to say hi and introduce myself. I have been away from sailing for a while. I sailed small boats growing up learning from friends and my mistakes. I received a little formal training in Mystic through their Mariner programs and a week out crewing on the schooner Brilliant. Also boater safety through the Coat Guard Auxiliary safe boating classes. Last weekend I purchased a Hunter 33 Cherubini and am planning to bring it across Florida through the Okeechobee waterway this weekend. A sailor friend, and former licenced capt. will be making the trip with me. I grew up in FLA but have never made the trip through the canal, lake and lock systems. I'm looking forward to the adventure. Re-joined SeaTow today as a just-in-case measure. I realize there will be little to no sailing on this trip but would love to hear peoples experience with the Okeechobee waterway and locks, and any suggestions for a newbee. I have enjoyed reading, learning and dreaming on this site for a few years now and am glad to finally join. Thanks
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook