SailNet Community - View Single Post - HMS Bounty in trouble...
View Single Post
Old 11-21-2012

chef2sail will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to chef2sail
Re: HMS Bounty in trouble...

Jon,

Sorry I frustrate you by my lack of understanding or agreement

Quote:
So, then, how do YOU know that he WOULD have attempted to enter that cut that night, nevertheless? Whether he had a functioning plotter, Explorer Charts, or not?

Fact is he did enter it. He chose to head for land because the people on board were sick and complaining/ pleading. Most of the other vessels in his situation rode it out or hove to. He had that option and chose to set a course for the land under pressure from his crew. He took a perefectly sound boat in no ral or apparent danger and put it in danger by entering shallow waters and attempting to run the North Bar Channel

It was you who assumed he had a chartplotter on and that he wasnt looking at his charts, not me by your post. He would have done the same thing 30 years ago with just charts IMHO, he was just reckless........just like the Bounty Captain

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
(photos by Joe McCary)
Charter member of the Chesapeake Lion posse

Our blog-
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

“Sailing is just the bottom line, like adding up the score in bridge. My real interest is in the tremendous game of life.”- Dennis Conner
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook