SailNet Community - View Single Post - Interesting Sailboats
View Single Post
post #3340 of Old 11-21-2012 Thread Starter
Vendee Globe

Out of the black pot, drag race again and on that there are few better than François that comes charging: He is second and slowly recovering regarding Armel that is keeping the distance to all the others. Vincent is now third.

Here it is Armel, at speed and celebrating the Equator passage (I guess he is celebrating more to be out of the doldrums). Since old days superstition ranked always high on sailors and even if I believe that Armel really does not believe that it is funny to see the order of its celebration in what regards cheers and champagne: First, champagne to the sea, then, champagne to the boat and then to himself Not an accident but a tradition. Vicent had done the same: He did not forget the boat or the sea.

Years ago drinking whiskey with an old Irish sailor (in land) I saw him quite deliberately let some drops our of his cup to the ground. I was curious an I asked why he was wasting good whiskey. He smiled and said, you never know, that's the Devil's cut. In don't believe he believed that but well, as he says...we never know

Lets have a look at Armel's Equator celebration:

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome