SailNet Community - View Single Post - The Nav Station Is Obsolete, Let's Build a Bar!
View Single Post
Old 11-21-2012

BluemanSailor is on a distinguished road
Re: The Nav Station Is Obsolete, Let's Build a Bar!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JulieMor View Post
In the old days, we needed a protected area where we could store and view our paper charts without fear of the weather making them useless. In today's world, electronics rule.

Yes, the nav station is dead.

Now we can mount a sail pod at the helm with a chart plotter, depth, wind, speed and whatever gauges you want. And you can have your VHF right there at your side to hail whoever you want.
Wanna blow your mind?

Yes, the nav station is dead. But don't fret! There's hope!

Your nav station is just begging to come into the 21st Century. What better place to create your own personal bar? And what better place than right by the companionway.

What's your poison?

If I wanted to watch TV I would stay at home- toooo many screens. Have a friend who has all these screens on his Tarten - I have to keep reminding him to LOOK UP and around ! He keeps staring at his collection of screens. There's the real world here - not a TV screen.

Me - have a small screen showing depth, speed!

New boat sailblog -

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook