SailNet Community - View Single Post - HMS Bounty in trouble...
View Single Post
Old 11-21-2012

PCP will become famous soon enough
Re: HMS Bounty in trouble...

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkofSeaLife View Post
Fortunately i can help you out.
RITA | BTS | Table 2-49: U.S. Coast Guard Search and Rescue Statistics, Fiscal Year

As posted earlier in this thread and great stats too!
From 1980 till now the drop is about 2/3. I.e. 30 years ago there were three times the number of rescues by the coast guard in those statistics provided.

Half as many people dies nowadays as 30 years ago.
Yes in what regard to rescues not in what regards deep water boat rescues that imply search time, considerable time travel and lots of resources.

I saw those and understood that they are talking about all rescues and did not discriminate the ones that are not on the beach or very neat the coast, with swimmers, small dingy or fishermen that fall on the rocks and so on. I wonder how many were due to these circumstances and how many were due to deep sea rescues and then I saw that the British coast guard, that has similar statistics, have a map that is enlightening about where the vast majority of those accidents and rescues take place:

That was not the kind of accidents I was talking about or the ones that interested me, than I keep on searching and the best I could find in what regards that kind of accidents was this chart, that I have already posted:

Regards

Paulo

Last edited by PCP; 11-21-2012 at 02:44 PM.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook