SailNet Community - View Single Post - HMS Bounty in trouble...
View Single Post
Old 11-21-2012

PCP will become famous soon enough
Re: HMS Bounty in trouble...

Quote:
Originally Posted by chef2sail View Post
Based on what? Why do you say this? Whats your metric here?

...If the above is not true then this statement isnt also. I thought the information was that the number was decreasing ???

Very dangerous to post hunches as fact then draw a conclusion from that.
Dave, a bigger safety record and lesser accidents with ships and fishing boats is a constant since XV century. On the last 15 years the nanny EC parliament and government bodies has issued a lot of regulations regarding mandatory safety requirements on boats, ships as well as more demanding mandatory qualifications for crews. It has also offered premium money incentives for fishermen to get ride of old boats. Due to all that the number of accidents have significantly diminished here.

I guess that all developed countries have a similar policy in what regards maritime safety and that would be very odd that those policies would not have resulted in less accidents.

I wish you good luck into proving otherwise. With all the money spent in maritime security it would be a front page scandal if you find out that all that money was spent in vain and that actually the accidents were more frequent

Regards

Paulo

Last edited by PCP; 11-21-2012 at 03:22 PM.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook