SailNet Community - View Single Post - HMS Bounty in trouble...
View Single Post
Old 11-21-2012

PCP will become famous soon enough
Re: HMS Bounty in trouble...

Quote:
Originally Posted by chef2sail View Post
Paulo,

You keep refering to government bodies issuing mandatory requirements such as insurance and increasing compliance regulations. This must be something specific to Portugal or European countries.

... Government regulations are not as intrusive it appears as in Portugal. It is far more diffocult to enforce laws/ policies in the United States than in a country the size of New Jersey or Florida like Portuagal is. Because of this many of your statements which you write down dont really apply to this country. They are not wrong...because they occur in Portugal, but what is wrong is that you ASSUME they occur everywhere else when in FACT they do not. ...
Jesus Dave, you get confusing things. I talked about laws issued by the European parliament that are mandatory not only in Portugal but in all members states and that is most of Europe.

I am not talking about insurance but laws that regulate safety requirements and crews requirements in ships and in fishing boats. Do you mean that US has not any? You are certainly kidding and I would bet that in the US those requirements 15 years ago were less demanding then what they are now. Maybe Nolatom or CapAaron can clarify this.

Regards

Paulo
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook