SailNet Community - View Single Post - Interesting Sailboats
View Single Post
Old 11-23-2012

PCP will become famous soon enough
Vendee Globe.

As you have noticed Stamm the Swiss sailor afer been on the top of the race has been losing some distance to the leader. Not much(68nm) and is still om the leading pack. Honestly I thought that he could not keep the rhythm anymore. It seems I was wrong:

Among the leaders, Bernard Stamm - curretly 5th - seemed to have chosen quite an unusual route, and his speed was 1 or 2 knots slower than the other skippers' in the leading pack. The Swiss sailor gave more details about his situation during Friday's radio vac. Since sailing through the Doldrums, he has been unable to use his genoa, which got damaged in the intertropical convergence zone.

« The sea was pretty chaotic and in a windless area, the boat was shaken really hard, one of the centreboards went up and it tore up the genoa. In order to keep progressing, I had to take a route that goes further east than the others, otherwise it would have slowed me down a lot. ». The skipper has also been busy taking care of an autopilot issue and he has't been able to sleep much lately. « I'll soon be done with the repairs, the end of he punishment is coming! », the sailor explained on Friday morning.

Nice we will have a top racer again.

On the top of the race the only François is recovering slowly distance to the leader (Armel) all the others are losing. Well it seems that my hopes on François regarding speed were not unfounded
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook