SailNet Community banner
  • SailNet is a forum community dedicated to Sailing enthusiasts. Come join the discussion about sailing, modifications, classifieds, troubleshooting, repairs, reviews, maintenance, and more!

Contest/Game - Identify this picture

638K views 5K replies 130 participants last post by  obelisk 
#1 ·
It has been a while since I've seen a thread like this - the rules are simple: attempt to identify the location of the last posted picture in the thread. Once the picture poster confirms the first correct responder that person then gets to add a (sailing-related) picture to the thread and the game continues.

Since I'm no good at this type of guesswork my only chance of getting a picture into the thread is by starting it off with the following picture:

(click on picture to expand)​

See less See more
#746 · (Edited)
It is beautiful, and when camping there we saw a new cruising yacht every day or two, coming into the deep but narrow river for a stopover.

The coral lagoon you'll see in the Google Images result is Lady Musgrave, about 30nm off the coast there. A day cruise boat leaves from Seventeen Seventy. It's stunning out there too!

You're it, ebs.

#754 ·
Doesn't look to me like a typical Aussie mix of boats.. are we back in Europe?

#761 ·
Safe to say southern, most of Europe is north of where we are though most of this country and almost all of its western neighbour are further south still.

Long hot summers but you'd need to be rugged up right now.

#770 ·
Fascinating.. interesting story on Wikipedia.. makes our Gorge Harbour entrance look puny. Wonder what the tidal currents run at in there?

#774 ·
Hell you lot have been kicking my arse for some time now. Its nice to get one back.

Give me a few minutes to ponder.

p s- did you know that a Wombat could outrun Usain Bolt ? Not only cute but speedy. As the saying goes ... eats roots shoots and leaves ...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.