SailNet Community - View Single Post - First boat: Cal 2-27, Pearson 28 or Islander 28?
View Single Post
Old 11-23-2012

kotyara is on a distinguished road
re: First boat: Cal 2-27, Pearson 28 or Islander 28?

Thanks Hylyte, that sounds like very good advice.

I was wondering about that bilge under the engine. In fact, I already dropped a 2" stainless hook in there, so I'll have to get really well acquainted with it soon

Chain plates look ok, the PO had replaced the rigging two years ago and said he re-sealed the plates at that time. The interesting thing is that they seem to be attached to a pretty wide glass tab that holds the bulkheads in place. I thought the original arrangement had them attached to the actual wood, so maybe one of the previous owners had the bulkheads fixed (the last one hadn't done it). I'll have to poke around them, as the surveyor wasn't all that thorough.

I think the most encouraging thing about this boat is that the PO did his first ever coastal ocean race on her last year, so he said he really went through all the important bits and made sure everything was tightly attached. Not to mention that we're keeping in touch and will probably end up belonging to the same club This really feels like just the right deal for me.

Cheers,
Alex.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook