SailNet Community - View Single Post - HMS Bounty in trouble...
View Single Post
Old 11-23-2012

PCP will become famous soon enough
Re: HMS Bounty in trouble...

Something that was not posted here. I don't know how I have missed it since it was published on Sail-World, a web page that I normally read. Well, better late than never:

Quote:

"Michael Tougias, an expert on deadly sea tragedies the author of five nonfiction books chronicling heroic and dramatic sea incidents, was interviewed on an American television show about his work.

The Herald Sun reported that when asked by the announcer if any ships would venture out in Hurricane Sandy, his answer was, ‘No way,’' and he continued, 'Only large ships like aircraft carriers can manage that kind of storm in that area. I was so surprised when the news flashed about the Bounty.'

'You don’t want to be anywhere near the merging currents in a storm,' Tougias was reported as saying. 'There are a whole lot of reasons not to be out there.'

He said the Bounty’s captain and owner had ample notice of the impending hurricane and its scope, Tougias said.

'I think he had a schedule and was trying to outmaneuver the storm,' Tougias said. "

Sail-World.com : Search for HMS Bounty's Captain called off - investigation begun
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook