SailNet Community - View Single Post - Starrett-Jenks Morgan45 info-opinions
View Single Post
Old 11-23-2012

wkeenan78 is on a distinguished road
Re: Starrett-Jenks Morgan45 info-opinions

Quote:
Originally Posted by keforion View Post

We have removed the engine, lowered the salon floor in that area so its flush all the way for'd, filled the prop aperture and enlarged the rudder a bit -- original reports were that she was a bit squirrely down-wind.

K E Froeschner
Orion
Keforion,
I have a 1976 Starratt 45, hull # 27. I have motored her 200 miles at a stretch, sailed her solo all the way to the FL keys and back, and had her towed 10 miles, (after my engine seized up in the gulf and the wind died) 2 of those miles were against a 4 knot current and the Tow Boat US Captain had to keep his engine well above half throttle to retain foward momentum and directional control.
My burning question to you is; how do you plan to move your boat around and more importantly, how will you navigate bridges on the ICW?
I stopped by SCM today to look at their facilities and saw your boat Orion, the dodger you built looks top notch! Great work! I didnt understand the big holes in the bow about a foot above the waterline and the two 4" oval holes in the back right at the waterline, what are they for?
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook