SailNet Community - View Single Post - HMS Bounty in trouble...
View Single Post
Old 11-24-2012

PCP will become famous soon enough
Re: HMS Bounty in trouble...

Quote:
Originally Posted by chef2sail View Post
The US Navy sent many ships out to sea from Norfolk smaller than aircraft carriers

This quote is conjecture obviously a nd should be discounted

Two mistakes in one

Dave, all opinions are conjectures and its value depends mostly on the credibility of the one that is issuing them. The fact that I am posting it don't means necessarily that I am agreeing with it but that I found it relevant. he opinion of Michael Tougias was relevant for a TV news channel and to the editor of Sail-World and I think it is relevant here.

I guess you did not understood what Michael Tougias said :

'Only large ships like aircraft carriers can manage that kind of storm in that area. I was so surprised when the news flashed about the Bounty.'

For managing the storm he is not talking about running away from it, sailing in the opposite direction of the Bounty, but about sailing it, like the Bounty had tried to do.

He is talking about managing a storm (that's what the Bounty tried to do), not about running away from it, I mean like have done all those ships US Navy sent out to sea from Norfolk (and that have sailed on the opposite direction, regarding the Bounty's course).

Regards

Paulo

Last edited by PCP; 11-24-2012 at 09:44 AM.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook