SailNet Community - View Single Post - Battery Sizing - am I crazy?
View Single Post
Old 11-25-2012

Maine Sail is just really nice Maine Sail is just really nice Maine Sail is just really nice Maine Sail is just really nice
Re: Battery Sizing - am I crazy?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minnewaska View Post
And, no doubt, the version you purchased weren't rated at 1amp or you would have run.
Correct. The problem is the batteries the OP bought are also not rated at 1A, though that is what it says. It makes NO SENSE...

I suspect they are a 95-115Ah battery at the 20 hour rate. There are only a few group 31 batteries that approach 125 - 130 Ah's legitimately and US Battery and Trojan are two of those suppliers.. As an example the Deka group 31's are 105Ah and the Trojan SCS 225 and US Battery DCXC31 is also 130Ah's...

Still none of these 12V batts will last as long as a 6V. If you can fit 6V they are almost always the best bet and best bang for the buck. Still our "Wal*Mart" batteries have cost us about $29.94 per year of service for the entire bank.... Pretty cheap energy....

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

© Images In Posts Property of Compass Marine Inc.

Reply With Quote Share with Facebook