SailNet Community - View Single Post - HMS Bounty in trouble...
View Single Post
Old 11-25-2012

PCP will become famous soon enough
Re: HMS Bounty in trouble...

Quote:
Originally Posted by chef2sail View Post
I must have missed seeing this , where did it say it didnt sail at all, just motored the whole time
I did not have said that they had motored all time, I said that it seems that the boat was not being sailed at the time of the accident, when they had no engines left. The "Engineer" says that they had furled the sails. These ones are not like the genoa in your boat that can be furled partially. You furl them or unfurled them. Besides in the photos of the boat lying on the sea you cannot see any sail.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chef2sail View Post
Barksdale also shoots a hole into the theory that the Captain was some A hole unqualified, blowhard who was followed blindly by a crew of cultists like who followed Jim Jones as was speculated by some in this thread
That is a strong one Dave

We all know what Braksdale and all the crew thought about the Captain. They valued him so much that have followed him to the pass of an Hurricane without any question. His opinion or the opinion of the rest of the crew is irrelevant to asses if he was a good Captain or not. A good Captain does not make gross judgment errors and put all his crew in danger in the face of predictable events.

I have already said that the Captain was a great sailor, had certainly a lot of charisma and was probably a nice guy. That does not make him necessarily a good Captain.

Regards

Paulo
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook