SailNet Community - View Single Post - Interesting Sailboats
View Single Post
Old 11-26-2012

Sapwraia is on a distinguished road
Iroise / Allures / Nordship

Paulo, thanks for posting details of the Iroise - something different - aesthetically that stern styling looks like it could be more refined. The Allures 45 seems to have a better internal layout & flow

Interesting the comments several days ago re Nordship 430 and Allures 45. I spent a bit of time on both at Southampton show (berthed close to each other) and a lot to like.

The Nordship could be an easy long term cruiser. It has a huge hull volume but deals with it better than a typical fat production boat. Quality overall looked good for the price with less of the "manufactured" interior feel that even HR now have. In places the timber finishing was clearly "handmade" - not perfection but honest woodworking which is ok with me !

My only reservation with the Nordship is the raised helm position in what is really an "aft-mid cockpit" - you're quite high up off the water and feels like you're standing on the cockpit rather than in it. Not sure how secure that would feel in waves / stronger winds ?

The Allures 45 is very sensible - esp with the port aft utility space / workshop on that particular yacht. There's a lot of saloon seating but very little leg space for more than 4 people (unless they're all short !). Great raised nav station set-up. Don't like the way the fake teak stick-on is taken from cockpit seat up the bulkhead and onto coachroof, but guess thats optional. The YM test did highlight the performance drag when boats like this are fully loaded with cruising gear !

Otherwise the deck / hull joint was quite neatly done although the fibreglass moulding, 8mm joint and aluminum deck were all 3 different shades of white; which is a detail that could be done better (the new 39.9 has the hull/deck joint at the gunnel which should be a neater look).
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook