SailNet Community - View Single Post - Need advice from cruisers
View Single Post
Old 11-26-2012
Best Looking MALE Mod

Cruisingdad is a jewel in the rough Cruisingdad is a jewel in the rough Cruisingdad is a jewel in the rough
Re: Need advice from cruisers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gypsea View Post
Some great advice unfortunately, It would be financially foolish for me to leave before the 4 years. My company is one of the few that still offers a pension after 30 yrs. I'm at 26. So, if I left earlier, I would get zip until social security, ha, ha.
I have started prepping the boat and myself. I take week or trips on it every summer along with the daysailing here on lake Mich. I work in an engineering lab for a major diesel manufacturer. So, I have a pretty good knowledge of diesels.
I realize that cruising will not be all play. I wasn't planning on that. I would go nuts!
My long term plan goes something like this. Mississippi down to the gulf, to keys etc. then over to Bahamas. Island hop my way toward the Panama Canal. Through the canal toward Hawaii. Then, try to figure out a way to live aboard in the Hawaian islands. If its doable, I'd sell the house and upgrade to another boat. Does anyone have experience with sailing around the Haw. Islands??
No way I would walk away from that pension either. My point was to start putting things in place now.

1987 Tayana Vancouver 42, Credendo Vides, (Mom and Pops boat, F/T Mobile Live Aboards in Puget Sound)

My Website:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Follow My Blog at:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Follow me on Facebook:

Reply With Quote Share with Facebook