SailNet Community - View Single Post - What do you about Hurricanes?
View Single Post
Old 11-26-2012
Multiman

mdi is on a distinguished road
Re: What do you about Hurricanes?

Never having been through one on a boat and having read others accounts of being on a boat, most say they would not stay on the boat again.

It is hard to leave one's home but it would be good to live to fight another day so to speak. So I think I would secure the boat on the hard if possible, but unlikely as everyone else will be doing that as well, then if unavailable secure her in as safe a mooring as I can and then get me and my crew on high land.

Most of the damage I have observed in the local area of Pensacola is due to one vessel slamming into another, boats slammed into pilings or blown off of lifts. The majority of the damage from the wind was canvass and such, no sinkings due to wind and rain.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by mdi; 11-26-2012 at 08:32 AM. Reason: Additional Info
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook