SailNet Community - View Single Post - HMS Bounty in trouble...
View Single Post
Old 11-26-2012

JonEisberg will become famous soon enough
Re: HMS Bounty in trouble...

Quote:
Originally Posted by chef2sail View Post
boats all the electronics dependence can not be always a good thing as you have pointed out before, which I generally agree with.

Where we may part ways is that it is fact and here to stay so it doesnt do well and you wont be able to convince especially the younger sailors who have been brought up with computers and gagets to make things easier by only speaking against it. There has to be a positive way to convince them to embrace the old with the new vs the old and the new. They are a great second reference point. And we have to get them to understand their limitation...just like a chart has them, This concept for them will be difficult.
I am in complete agreement... So, why do you continue to insist that I "am ONLY speaking against" modern technology???

How many more times need I post something like this to convince you otherwise?

HMS Bounty in trouble...

Quote:
Originally Posted by chef2sail View Post
I love those Gozzards. Not sure about the set up with the moveable settees in the salon whether I would like that, but the 44 is certainly big enough wed never have to sleep there. Do they sail well ? Never been on one except at the Annapolis Show.
I don't know, I've yet to actually sail one... This one was a motor job to the Great Lakes the entire way:

My guess is that they need quite a bit of breeze to go, and can't imagine it would have been a very stellar performer to windward...

Thing that bugged me most about that boat, was the island galley/sink arrangement... I have never seen a galley aboard that size of boat, with such an amazing lack of usable counter space... Virtually the only surface of any size was either over the stove, or refrigerator lids... Even finding a space to dry dishes was problematic, one of the dumbest things I've ever seen, I'd imagine it would drive someone who actually likes to cook insane...

All I ever need to do is make coffee or a sandwich, and that galley arrangement even drove me nuts...
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook