Re: Can I sail to the Bahamas with NO experience?
You are young and full of energy. Go for it. Be prudent and you will be fine. I wish I would have done this when I was your age. I started to sail last summer, and I just wish I started before. I am having a similar plan ...
I am answering your question straight here:
- Read “The Annapolis Book of Seamanship”
- Do ASA 101 to at least ASA105
- Meet people in local club and crew their ships for racing. Lot of friendly people in this community. You will learn a lot from them.
- Talk to someone who did that trip. I mean really talk to him…face to face. There is a good chance you will meet those in the same clubs.
- Prepare the ship and make sure you have all the safety equipment in case things go bad.
- And go. You can do it.
Who risk nothing get nothing. You are the adventurous type. Enjoy it.