SailNet Community - View Single Post - HMS Bounty in trouble...
View Single Post
Old 11-26-2012

JonEisberg will become famous soon enough
Re: HMS Bounty in trouble...

Quote:
Originally Posted by TakeFive View Post

I completely, 100% buy into " the simple notion that today's technology might have been a contributing factor to an incident such as that involving RULE 62." But your choice of the word "might" is revealing. By using the word "might," I think you subconsciously acknowledged that your notion is speculation. So deep down, I think you agree with me more than you're willing to admit.
Uhh, OF COURSE I agree this is all speculative, I'm pretty certain I've admitted that more than once in the course of this thread...

Nevertheless, I believe discussions of a speculative nature can still have value, and think many of the side issues that have arisen in this thread are certainly worthy of discussion... If the thread is to be kept solely "on topic", and nothing of a speculative nature is to be permitted at all, then it seems it would need be closed by the mods, awaiting the results of whatever official investigation a year or two hence...

I've always found that most sailors like to talk... To establish such strict guidelines seems akin to prohibiting any discussion of the Super Bowl during the two week interval prior to the game, for example...

Not to mention, any placing of bets on the game... What fun would that be? (grin)
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook