SailNet Community - View Single Post - Is cruising only for my parents? sorry, posted this one is general discussion too
View Single Post
Old 12-06-2006

WinterRiver is on a distinguished road
I'm really enjoying this thread. It's a good one to read and reread when my head starts spinning from all the sailing and boat information I'm trying to stuff in there. There's a positive vibe that you can make it work and cruise at any age.

Nearly 20 years ago, when I was interviewed for my first "real" job out of college, I was asked what I expected to be doing in 5 years. My reply was, "Sailing around the world." Jobs and house and 2 kids later, we're on the hunt for a boat and counting down.

I have to admit that we're clearly no longer in the "cruise young" stage -- do the math. I do sometimes feel that we are planning to cruise earlier than many, since we are not planning to wait until the kids are out of the house. Middle school seems like an ideal time to get away.

I continue to appreciate your advice, Cruisingdad, even when it's not directed at me. The "good" car has 150,000+ miles and the other one is 17 years old. Hoping they last until we leave.

Last edited by WinterRiver; 12-06-2006 at 12:08 AM.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook