SailNet Community - View Single Post - Good east coast retirement cities?
View Single Post
Old 11-27-2012

chef2sail will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to chef2sail
Re: Good east coast retirement cities?

I agree with Oriental in some ways, but what about the hurricanes. Many areas of the southern Chesapeake and eastern shore are just as inexpensive.

I think the Chesapeake is the answer. Thats why I moved here. Great sailing 9 months of the year. You dont have to take the boat out of the water as it doesnt usually freeze. Close to the mountains, close to museums and history of Baltimore and Washington DC and Annapolis yet you can sail to the eastern shore and go back in time 200 years and see no one. Huge amounts of creeks, ribvers and anchorages you can visit and not return for 7 years as there are so many. Large sailing community.

Acessable to the Atlantic for coastal trips to cruise the areas of Long Island, and New England, yet return back when their season eands for glorious fall sailing amongst the leaves and bald eagles.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
(photos by Joe McCary)
Charter member of the Chesapeake Lion posse

Our blog-
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

“Sailing is just the bottom line, like adding up the score in bridge. My real interest is in the tremendous game of life.”- Dennis Conner
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook