SailNet Community - View Single Post - Battery Sizing - am I crazy?
View Single Post
Old 11-27-2012

Maine Sail is just really nice Maine Sail is just really nice Maine Sail is just really nice Maine Sail is just really nice
Re: Battery Sizing - am I crazy?

Quote:
Originally Posted by peterchech View Post
Mainesail, those were the deep cycle ever starts that u got from Walmart, correct? They are everstarts, right? Because they still sell them here by me.

I need a new battery for one of my banks, I have had a walmart everstart for about a year now and it does the job so far, but I'm very suspect about anything Walmart sells, quality wise. I was thinking to get an optima for the bank, as I have heard really good things about optimas, but it is $200 compared to less than half that for an ever start dc or similar. What do you think about the optimas? Are the everstarts here:EverStart 27DC-6 Marine Battery: Automotive : Walmart.com the same ones that you tested over the 6 years?
Wal*Mart no longer sells the US Battery product. The case looks like this:

This was a customers battery who switched to AGM. It is also a 2007 and still good. It is the same exact battery I have on our boat and is a US Battery group 31..

If you can find a US Battery distributor the US Battery DCXC-31 is a great battery and I find it even better than the Trojan SCS-225 in terms of average longevity:

The DCXC 31 was specifically designed for the floor scrubber industry and has plates nearly as thick as a GC battery at .100. It is about as close to a true "deep cycle" battery you're going to get in group 31 case....

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

© Images In Posts Property of Compass Marine Inc.

Reply With Quote Share with Facebook