SailNet Community - View Single Post - HMS Bounty in trouble...
View Single Post
Old 11-27-2012

PCP will become famous soon enough
Re: HMS Bounty in trouble...

Quote:
Originally Posted by casey1999 View Post

"A local public television interview with Walbridge from the summer included a quote from the captain saying that he had previously chased hurricanes.

In the interview, Walbridge said "you try and get up as close to the eye of it as you can, and you stay down in the southeast quadrant, and when it stops, you stop. You don't want to get in front of it - you want to stay behind it. But you'll also get a good ride out of a hurricane."

McCann said Tuesday that during the public television interview her husband was "being a little?cute, I guess."

"But [B]he would like hurricanes because they pushed him, they made him go fast. And he's been in many hurricanes. I mean, I can't even count the number of hurricanes he's been in."

When I saw that TV interview with the Captain I wonder if he was not just bragging about it but then what he said in the television regarding chasing hurricanes was just what he said before departure to his crew. I mean he give a very similar description to his crew regarding the way he pretended to maneuver this particular hurricane.

Besides that, he could be bragging but what reason had his wife to brag about his husband regarding him having been in many hurricanes?

Maybe it was just true, maybe the captain " like hurricanes because they pushed him, they made him go fastt".

If he liked hurricanes and chase them it is only natural that he would not have wanted to miss this one and its fast ride.

Regards

Paulo

Last edited by PCP; 11-27-2012 at 12:37 PM.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook