SailNet Community - View Single Post - Interesting Sailboats
View Single Post
Old 11-27-2012

PCP will become famous soon enough
Vendee Globe- Very interesting

Really amazing what is going one:

Vendée Globe 2012-2013 - Tracking

Play with the cursor on the red line on the bottom and on the top left click on weather and play with the cursor. Very difficult tactic decisions for everybody, very difficult weather pattern with a big high pressure center just ahead.

On the organization they give a big loss of miles to François. He would have been overtaken by Alex that would be now second but I start to believe that Jean-Pierre knew what he was doing when he sailed to West and now François has done the same. François have certainly big balls to have done that. He was just at 35Nm from Armel (1st) and if he followed him he would be out of this battle with the same 35Kn disadvantage. He don't want that. He wants the lead and he wants it now.

The organization says that he have lost 140Nm and is now at 175Nm from Armel but I don't buy it. I guess that there are a good chance for Armel to get stuck first in weak winds and then in contrary winds while him and Jean-Pierre will have good winds while turning around that high.

Great stuff guys, don't miss this strategic battle.

Breaking News

Alex Thomson (Hugo Boss) torpedoes into second place at the 1500 GMT ranking today. Although he feels it will be short lived, “up to 2nd place on the rankings! Will be short lived when Macif and Virbac get the new wind first but happy anyway!”

Fleet News:

The jackal, Armel Le Cléac’h (Banque Populaire) is watching the fleet in his rear view mirror as he accelerates away from them. T...

Today, on the daily web tv show Vendée Globe LIVE hosted at the race headquarters at Montparnasse Station, Paris, France he said, “you cannot be sure of anything. I’m looking at the others. My northern strategy is clear. We’ll see how it goes in a few days. I’ll keep on with this plan. I’m passionate about these strategic moments. We are entering an important moment of the race. It’s very interesting to see how everyone is doing. At the beginning of the VG, it was more a speed race, now it’s becoming strategic.

So the three dimensional chess game that Mike Golding loves is now on. Jean-Pierre Dick (Virbac Paprec 3) despite losing ground is hoping that he has made the right call. “For the moment it’s ok. There is not too much wind. I like my position, I’ll deal with it. But I’m waiting for the wind. I try to remain rational. Sometimes you have to gamble. The strategy I have taken since the Brazilian coast seemed interesting. For the moment it is not very efficient but I thing it’ll go well in the coming days,” he said during the web tv show Vendée Globe LIVE.

Stamm is talking about to go up to the top of his mast...again. Jesus what is wrong with this guy

Bernard Stamm (Cheminées Poujoulat) is stamping his feet. The inevitably of finishing his onboard husbandry due to damage to his genoa earlier in the race will eventually have to be faced but he is not willing to sacrifice boat speed at this critical time. .. I don’t know when I’ll be climbing the mast again.

Last edited by PCP; 11-27-2012 at 01:14 PM.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook