SailNet Community - View Single Post - Interesting Sailboats
View Single Post
Old 11-27-2012

PCP will become famous soon enough
Re: Interesting Sailboats

Quote:
Originally Posted by hannah2 View Post
The boats to the west have an advantage for the next 24 to 30 hours . In that time frame they will have to east as the high is moving east pretty fast after the next 20 hours or so. There is a squash zone now forming to the west of the high with very tight isobars and 30 to 35 knots of wind. Those to the west now will have to ride the squash zone south easterly. If they can not catch the squash they will be in light winds and the boats to the east caught in the high will be in the right place in 24 hours to catch the compression zone.

I have a hard time trying to figure out where these boats will be in 24 hours as they go too fast for this cruising mind. As a cruiser I like to play the edges of a compression zone. I think these guys are hell bent on getting right in the middle of this one and running down wind like a bat out of hell.
eh! eh! not only you. Welcome to the game. Yes it is funny and educational to try to understand what these guys are doing specially when they do different things and try to understand what is the better bet.

All those guys that are running on the front pack are masters on the art of rooting, so come in guys, join the party and give your opinion about their options. Yours is as good as mine, maybe better
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook