SailNet Community - View Single Post - Bungee Cord
Thread: Bungee Cord
View Single Post
Old 12-24-2001

JEFryar is on a distinguished road
Bungee Cord

Respectfully Jeff,
I really think that incumbering a new sailor with the responsibility to look up the proper nautical term before uttering a question is one reason they do not ask questions. Usage of terms comes with using them.
I have read many of your answers. Your knowledge is more than apparent and I think a discussion with you over a beer or two would be a wonderful experience for both of us.
I think we would disagree in the basic philosophy of sailing. I am not a traditional sailor, or maybe that is just what I am. Sailing, being on the ocean and not at the dock, accepting a few rust stains along the way rather than not experimenting with a new idea, and using what works for me and my vessel is my guiding philosophy.
For example this season, which has not yet ended for me, I threw a new roller furling system overboard and went back to a hanked on foresail with a downhaul because it works for me and my vessel.Nuf said.
I appologise to the board for taking space up with this reply and the attempt at a little humor in my previous answer. Since I too answer a few questions I just wanted the board to know my phylosophy. Accept it or not, it is mine.
If we don''t correspond before,Merry Christmas to you and yours. The invitation for that beer is good any time your around Cape Cod.
Good Sailing
JEFryar

Reply With Quote Share with Facebook