SailNet Community - View Single Post - Bridge one, sailboat zero
View Single Post
Old 11-28-2012
Blue Horizons

Harborless is on a distinguished road
Re: Bridge one, sailboat zero

Last time I was going through the Ortega Landing Bridge I could not get a response from the controller either. I ended up motoring right up to the bridge and having to do circles until the guy finally sees me and hits the buzzer. Im just cuttin circles on CH. 9 like wtf?

Its funny though because I think I usually have the same operator since I go sailing the same times usually. Anyway I single hand most times and since its illegal to go under a bridge under sail I always motor about 200 yards from the bridge then scurry aROUND lowering my sails to motor through.
Well every time I do this once I clear the other side about 100 yards I leave the tiller and start raising sails. Well I always sort of turn around like im getting pushed back under the bridge bc no one is holding the tilller and I swear everytime the guy hits the alarm like I am about to crash into the bridge. Everytime I re-raise my sails and hop back in the ****-pit and correct my course and listen to the buzzer stop.

I bet that guy curses me every time but its funny because he probably thinks im a moron about to crash his boat into the draw bridge. Every time I just look back as I start to sail away and laugh. But its cool though, at least he calls me "cap'n."
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook