SailNet Community - View Single Post - HMS Bounty in trouble...
View Single Post
Old 11-29-2012

PCP will become famous soon enough
Re: HMS Bounty in trouble...

Quote:
Originally Posted by chef2sail View Post

How can you regulate them? Carrying passangers I am sure is one of the delinaiations. How can you prevent a privately owned craft from going to sea? It would have to more than the basic sailing equipment we are required to carry of course.

I cannot but a state can just making mandatory a licence that specifies in what conditions (coastal/unlimited; if coastal in what weather conditions; crew: number and qualifications) a given ship can sail, private or not. For that the boat has to be thoroughly inspected regularly to determine or maintain is qualification and licence.

You know that in most European countries all recreational boats have that kind of inspections and classifications regarding boat licence (so it can be done) but I am just talking just about ships, or big sailing boats that private or not can carry a considerable number of passengers, paying or not, even if the passengers are disguised as crew in training.

I guess that is not nothing new for US. Do not government inspect private cars condition?

Regards

Paulo
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook