SailNet Community - View Single Post - HMS Bounty in trouble...
View Single Post
Old 11-29-2012

MarkofSeaLife is on a distinguished road
Re: HMS Bounty in trouble...

Quote:
Originally Posted by PCP View Post
Where do you have seen that notice about change in ballast? I am just curious about that. The ballast on this boats should be the one that he was designed to have.

Paulo
Paulo, do you read other people posts in this thread?
Well read this post carefully, and the posts after it, 1029 etc. because I would like some thoughtful comments not just people fobbing the idea off. If its been rebalasted to lighten it so the ship does not need to go through a safety inspection we have a extremely worrying situation!

Quote:
Originally Posted by casey1999 View Post
I read on the "wooden boat forum" where the Bounty was reballasted recently. The 80,000 lb of lead was removed from bilge and 65,000 lb "shoe" was added (I assume attached to the exterior of the keel). I assume the calculation would show moment arm would be the same for the two ballasting methods. The coast guard did have an issue during an inspection with the ballasting calculations (for the reballasting) but they were corrected on paper. Interesting though why the ballasting change.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook