SailNet Community - View Single Post - Interesting Sailboats
View Single Post
Old 11-29-2012

PCP will become famous soon enough
Re: Interesting Sailboats

Quote:
Originally Posted by hannah2 View Post
PCP you have courage to even bring this Hunter subject up on a forum.

I agree with you on all of it and there is a lot more to dislike in this boat. If this is the best Americans can do in a modern designed production boat then we are best off with no new designs at all. We really are in a sorry state on this side of the pond.
Americans will buy them and tell us all what a great boat they have.
Actually I am sorry and pissed. Hunter went down was rescued and I hoped they would get it right: How difficult is to get one of the 10 top NA and one of the 10 top interior designers and tell them what you want and what you think American sailors want?

why do they insist in an amateurish endeavor like if it was just a small firm with the owner doing some very particular and odd boat to a niche market of odd guys? Believe me I would like the Hunter to make good boats and to go out of that hard spot.

I believe their building quality is not different from the one of the European mass production boats, it is a design problem what they have and an easy one to solve. Europeans Brands use not only European Architects but Australians, Newzealanders, South Africans and even Americans , why cannot Hunter get a top NA?

I guess the problem is not only with Hunter. Somebody want to bet that the Hunter 40 is going to be boat of the year on one of the American sailing magazines?

Regards

Paulo

Last edited by PCP; 11-29-2012 at 06:16 PM.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook