SailNet Community - View Single Post - Interesting Sailboats
View Single Post
Old 11-29-2012

hannah2 is on a distinguished road
Re: Interesting Sailboats

Paulo,

I think we all would like to see hunter build good boats even just for coastal cruising boats.

I do not know the NA so I will not totally blame him. Maybe he had to work with handcuffs on. But if he did design under restrictions I do not know why unless he was hungry. But remember hunter wants its market to people with the big dream of becoming a sailor. I have met many hunter owners over the years and they did not know what to look for in a boat when they bought it. The wife had never been in a galley under sail but going in a hunter galley at the boat show looked more like her kitchen at home so that helps make sales. I could go on but not worth it, it is just sad. So you see it is not about what sailors want, it is about what non sailors want, that is the Hunter market. I have never met an experienced sailor who owned a reputable sailboat and who decided to change to a hunter.

And yes hunter40 will win boat of the year in the American rags because the people who read the rags are ? read above.

So what does an American company do to build a good production boat? How do they educate to new ideas and good old ideas alike.

Cheers
Say hi to JFE in Dusseldorf, stop in and see the boat I think there will be one there.

Last edited by hannah2; 11-29-2012 at 07:15 PM.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook