SailNet Community - View Single Post - Interesting Sailboats
View Single Post
Old 11-29-2012

PCP will become famous soon enough
Vendee Globe

Quote:
Originally Posted by hannah2 View Post
Well it is looking like Virbac Paprec and the other western boats really have made South Easting in time. There is going to be a lot of boats in a tight group soon all running in 30 knots of wind. The way they have been running into things in this race,(bouys, fishing boats) I hope they do not run into each other. 96 hours out is where things will get really difficult as the boats are going to have to go deep into the 50 lats to keep the wind. There will be plenty of ice and fog plus a lot of tired sailors. With the race so close between so many boats some sailors will take the chance and go deep.
They have pulled the ice gate further North because growlers are more North that what was thought possible.

The race is just incredible with Jean-Pierre charging at 20K speed and saying:
"It's a bit like a velvet carpet, it surfs! We don’t have a beautiful weather out here; it is the premise of the Deep South! I’m getting into my world!

A world on the fast lane

Francois is doing 18k and I believe that him and Jean-Pierre will make the next 24 hours at record speed. Meanwile Armel that is still given as the First (with almost 120nm over Jean-Pierre) is making 12K that I believe that very soon it will be 14 or 15K.

I believe that difference over Jean-Pierre is a false one and that there are a good chance for Jean-Pierre and François to become 1st and 2th but it is going to be very close and Armel can even maintain the lead by the slightest of margins but I know one thing: The ride will be a lot softer for Armel and his boat and that also counts.

Armel has not the nick name of Chacal for nothing. In the end even if he loses some small distance it will be very well played by Armel that will come out with a less stressed boat and more french that the guys that are sailing doing over 20k on 30k winds

There is a long way ahead and strength and freshness is needed for a long race and for the final sprint.

Vendée Globe 2012-2013 - Tracking

Day 19 highlights - Wednesday, November 28, 2012 por VendeeGlobeTV

Day 20 highlights - Thursday, November 29, 2012 por VendeeGlobeTV
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook