SailNet Community - View Single Post - Bedding Deck Hardware With Butyl Tape
View Single Post
Old 11-30-2012

Maine Sail is just really nice Maine Sail is just really nice Maine Sail is just really nice Maine Sail is just really nice
Re: Bedding Deck Hardware With Butyl Tape

Quote:
Originally Posted by OPossumTX View Post

Having read the first page or two of this thread, I rushed out and bought some of this wonderful stuff that I knew I could get cheap from home depot. After I messed around with it a little, I came back and read the whole thread. I have now received two rolls from Maine Sail and the HD stuff will be used when I re-work my carport, not the boat!

There is a HUGE difference between the products. If I did not know they had the same base, I would not believe it. The Home Depot stuff is more like plumber's putty. It will fill the gap but not take a whole lot of movement. When it is compressed, it does not stick and elongate like the stuff Maine Sail is selling when things are moved and pulled apart.

Maine Sail, you DE MAN! Thanks!

Have FUN!
O'
Glad I could help!!!

As I have mentioned many times I tested over 40 products for over a year before bringing Bed-It Tape to the marine market. In fact I am still testing other manufacturers and products and am still in the search for a white or off white products that meets my standards... I think it is a needle in a haystack but I keep trying. Was just sent a sample last week of a "new formulation" and sure enough it was new but still no good....

Glad you liked it and always glad when I can help...

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

© Images In Posts Property of Compass Marine Inc.

Reply With Quote Share with Facebook