SailNet Community - View Single Post - Raccoon Stowaway part Deux
View Single Post
Old 11-30-2012

JulieMor is on a distinguished road
Re: Raccoon Stowaway part Deux

I've had two experiences with a raccoon. The first, when I was about 13 or 14 started when I heard something crying in our back yard. It was about 5:30 AM and it was so loud it woke me up. We had a pool that hadn't been filled and the raccoon was stuck in it. So I figured I'd just go in there and pick it up and let it out.

WRONG!

As I slowly approached it, talking to it calmly so it knew I wasn't going to hurt it it went into a corner. As I approached it jumped out at me and bit the tip of my shoe. I scrambled out of there quick! I then placed a log in the shallow end so it could climb out itself.

The second time I was a few years older. I went to a friend's house. She was in hysterics. Then she told me a baby raccoon was in their house. Their dog had cornered it behind the couch. I asked her for some thick ski gloves and reached over the back of the couch and quickly grabbed the baby by the nape of the neck.

It started screaming, shrieking and making all kinds of noises! I ran for the door telling my girlfriend to open it quickly and when she did I threw it out into the yard. My heart was pounding out of my chest!

Those things are mean!
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook