SailNet Community - View Single Post - Introduction and Question
View Single Post
Old 12-01-2012

rstackjd is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to rstackjd
Re: Introduction and Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by sailingfool View Post
Leave the cheap boat for the newbie who doesn't appreciate how expensive it to get a neglected (no engine???) boat back into fully operational shape.
Thank you for the insight on the value range. But why do you assume this is a neglected boat? There is an outboard available for extra $, which I may or may not be interested in (there is one available to me elsewhere). The trailer is clean with new wheel bearings and wiring. The sails are (claimed to be) useable and the boat has been sailed more or less continuously including this past season. The seller needs to sell because his wife wants him to reduce the number of boats and toys he has.

It needs a good cleaning for sure, but other than that it doesn't appear to be neglected.

I'm not challenging you (kinda hard to argue with a guy with 3000 posts) and I do understand your position - I used to race cars and everyone wanted to know "how cheap can you get into racing" and the response is always, there's no such thing as cheap racing! But, if a guy wanted to have fun, learn to drive, was handy and willing to work on his own car, he could do it on a budget. But winning costs $.

So I do understand. But I don't think this is a junk boat.

But that's why I asking about any "Helms Specific" issues we should be looking for as well.

Thanks

Last edited by rstackjd; 12-01-2012 at 01:04 PM.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook