SailNet Community banner
  • SailNet is a forum community dedicated to Sailing enthusiasts. Come join the discussion about sailing, modifications, classifieds, troubleshooting, repairs, reviews, maintenance, and more!

Any P-39 owners 86-87 vintage?

2K views 3 replies 4 participants last post by  HinFL 
#1 ·
Just purchased a 86-87 P 39 and will be doing a total refit. Would like to connect with some owners for tips and some tech info. Thanks

#2 ·
I have a 1987, P-39B that I've owned for nearly nine years, and have sailed up and down the California and western Mexico coastal areas. My hull number is 24.

I've done a lot of work on her over the years and will be happy to provide any info I can that might be helpful.

I'm currently in Ventura, CA and planning a trip down to Ensenada Mexico within the next month.

#4 ·
Hi and best wishes with your total refit!

We have 1987 Pearson 39 Hull #20 in NE Florida. We've owned her since the year 2000 and love her. Unfortunately, we just listed her for sale with a broker. We did a HUGE refit in 2002, some mechanical and some cosmetic. We gutted her stock storage, had louvered teak fabricated in Annapolis and installed by a custom boat builder near us. It really increased her storage capacity for cruising! Did louvered teak companionway doors with solid & screen inserts, as well. Also did MaxProp VP feathering prop, etc. I've got some great pictures, records, and of course some opinions, too.

Take care and feel free to contact me with ideas and/or questions, HinFL

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.