SailNet Community - View Single Post - new member
Thread: new member
View Single Post
Old 12-02-2012

outbound is on a distinguished road

Hi All- My bride and I have taken the plunge. After swallowing the anchor for some years bought a PSC 34 to see if she would like the sailing life. Her reply after a year was "You can have any boat you want as long as we always have a house to come back too". Now in process of building an Outbound 46. She'll splash in Norfolk Va this May. The PSC is for sale and hope to downsize the house. After owning Tayanas,Cape Dorys, one offs, Mariners and assorted small stuff decided once in my life to have a boat built for me- Bristol Fashion and able to single accross the pond or round the clock. Amazed at how much technology has changed things. Used to get by with a sextant,barometer and a Fleming or Monitor on the back. Now can have all the comforts of home. Feel stupid spec-ing electronics, wind/solar, heating/cooling etc. More work than building a house . Keep thinking " if you don't bring with you you aint got it" and "what do you do when it breaks."But the farkles look so great. Scared as hell fliipping ours lives around and spending this much money for a dream. Any encouraging thoughts greatly appreciated.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook