SailNet Community - View Single Post - Charging batteries with engine while sailing
View Single Post
Old 12-02-2012

Maine Sail is just really nice Maine Sail is just really nice Maine Sail is just really nice Maine Sail is just really nice
Re: .

Quote:
Originally Posted by floridajaxsailor View Post
rant on about 10 minutes not doing it but I have a very capable digital dual bank battery monitor and it works great- 10 minutes is more than enough
Clearly it is either improperly programmed, faulty, your batteries are heavily sulfated or you're just misreading it. Improper programming of Ah counting battery monitors is quite common and once the counting is off they get out of sync really, really quickly.

If you have reinvented Ohm's law, physics or invented a new technology no one knows about you really should take this to market or let us all in on the secret...

Quote:
Originally Posted by floridajaxsailor View Post
let me ask you this- if your car battery was dead would you leave your vehicle running in the driveway for 45 minutes??
Yes I know we're talking about different styles of batteries
-JD
I have killed my car battery more than I'd like. My daughter seems to want to hit the dome light and then I don't notice it. When the battery dies I charge it with battery charger over night because even 45 minutes won't fully recover the battery. If I am in a hurry I will jump it and run it for a while then when I get home I still throw it on the charger over night.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

© Images In Posts Property of Compass Marine Inc.

Reply With Quote Share with Facebook