SailNet Community - View Single Post - Interesting Sailboats
View Single Post
Old 12-03-2012

PCP will become famous soon enough
Re: Interesting Sailboats

By mistake last night I repeated two movies instead of posting this one. This guy not only sails up big waves as it fly over them...and never stops sailing. Enjoy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sapwraia View Post
...a Laser helps to refresh the way you helm a 40 footer (even when cruising !) - how many times have you heard from the family "Dad we're not racing this is a family cruising holiday" I say "thanks for the feedback now just wind the genoa in some more "
I am lucky; even if my wife can say something like that things are balanced and I never heard "Dad we're not racing this is a family cruising holiday" more like "Dad, why are you reefing? Stay on the wheel let me take care of the sails and let's having fun". Fact is that I have a problem with the boy (now 21) that since a kid was bored with sailing except when it was going very fast. At the age of 12 if I let him he would stay all night at the wheel with 25/30K winds surfing waves at 10K
Even my wife hates to be overtaken by other boats.

Take a look at another movie of that little boat, that I am convinced, it is a great boat, the XP 33.

Of course, they are sailing it with a crew but even so those speeds are impressive for a 33ft mass production performance cruiser:

With 20K wind, upwind speed 6.8/7.2K, downwind speed 14.8K, are speeds that many bigger boats would have difficulty in achieving and in what regards downwind would not achieve at all. There are many boats that are good downwind but few that are fast downwind....and upwind.

Regards

Paulo

Last edited by PCP; 12-03-2012 at 09:05 AM.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook